Kahtoola Launches Complete Redesign of NANOspikes® Footwear Traction for Fall 2023
Flagstaff, Ariz. (Nov. 15, 2022) – Kahtoola, creator of award-winning footwear traction and performance-driven gaiters, is excited to announce a complete redesign of its ultra-low profile footwear traction, NANOspikes®, for the fall 2023 season. Designed for running and walking on snowy, icy roads and sidewalks, the newly updated NANOspikes offer improved comfort, fit and traction.
“Our innovative NANOspikes redesign is based on customer and athlete feedback, as well as our personal experience from years of field testing the first generation with a variety of popular running shoes,” said Danny Giovale, founder and owner of Kahtoola. “It’s still the proven, ultra-low profile traction that our customers have come to love, but with thoughtful improvements making it even more performance-driven and comfortable on a wider variety of footwear.”
Landing at retailers in fall 2023, NANOspikes new design features make it the best ultra-low profile traction on the market for high performance on hard, slippery surfaces. Updates for ‘23 include:
- A broader size range now fits US W 5 to US M 15 and accommodates a wider range of shoe styles.
- A new elastomer geometry improves all-around fit and security, and a larger ergonomic heel tab provides an effortless on/off experience.
- An updated toe bail insert enhances comfort over a wider range of footwear, while low-profile rivet connections minimize pressure points.
- New concave tungsten carbide spikes provide instant traction on ice, while a directionally optimized lug design improves grip on ascents and descents in soft snow.
- New center ridges on traction plates deflect uneven ice, allowing spikes to engage faster.
For more information, please contact Mel Fricks, U.S. Sales Associate, at email@example.com and Jon Parker, Global Sales Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on Kahtoola’s complete range of traction and gaiter offerings, please visit Kahtoola.com.
Since 1999, Kahtoola has been creating reliable gear that makes the outdoors more accessible and rewarding. Kahtoola’s gaiters, hiking crampons, and flexible footwear traction systems, including MICROspikes®, EXOspikes™ and NANOspikes®, are built to improve safety and performance in wintry locales around the globe. Every product is thoughtfully designed and vigorously tested at the brand’s Flagstaff, AZ headquarters high on the Colorado Plateau. Owned and operated by founder Danny Giovale, Kahtoola proudly grants 1% of annual sales to fund projects that support indigenous cultures and improve communities, healthcare, education, resources and the environment. For more information, please visit Kahtoola.com.